.

.

GET THEM HOME

GET THEM HOME
OUR GIRLS, "LOVEDAY" AND "LORA" ARE NOW HOME

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Our Little Monkey

I had a chance to spend 2 hours with DeAnna today! As soon as I got there, she jumped up into my arms and hung on like a little monkey.  Even though she is very tall for her age, she is sooo thin and it was like carrying a feather. While I was there, she changed into a clean outfit and I could see how small she is without the t-shirt, turtleneck, sweater, fuzzy tights, pants, and slipper socks on (and yes it's been in the 70s!). 
I brought bananas, tea biscuits and candy for her groupa, and she was very excited to pass these out to her friends :). Those bananas were gone in the blink of an eye! And the children were quiet for a whole 10 minutes! I had a chance to see one of the short lessons in her class, and ask a few questions about her likes/dislikes, activites and schedule.  She loves milk and does not like mashed potatoes at all!  And she loves to color and play dolls :). Her speech therapist kept telling me, "just love her, just love her." I am so thankful that she is at this orphanage and not the other one we thought she had been transferred to.
One of her little friends that seems to always be at her side started a wrestling match. Before I knew it, DeAnna was on top of a table, jumping down to tackle her friend!  Then they were just running and giggling - oh boy, we are gonna have our hands full!
DeAnna kept asking why she had to wait to go with me; she is ready to go now. Soon, soon . . . I'll be back for her on Tuesday, May 19th!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 


  © Web Design by Poppies Blooming 2010

Back to TOP